IanSomerhalder.it » Ian Somerhalder Italia • First Italian Forum }

The Vampire Diaries convention transcription

« Older   Newer »
spiceboy88
view post Posted on 6/7/2010, 21:26

Grazie al sito agt-league vi proproniamo l'intero transcript dell'intervista di Ian durante la convention australiana di Melbourne.

CITAZIONE
Q: What are the similarities between Ian and Damon?
I: I'm not a maniacal killer? I only kill people in America. I also do not rob the cradle at that level. I enjoy the hell out of my life like Damon. In season 1 Damon seems like a dick - there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. We all have a lot of skeletons in our closet - they make us really human. Humour is used as a bandaid for pain - Damon's a very lonely guy - he just wants his girl and his bro back. He feels pretty stupid.

Q: Do you prefer modelling or acting?
I: Acting. Modelling was fun when I was young. There's truly no comparison.

Q: Lost vs The Vampire Diaries?
I: Lost - I didn't know what the hell was going on. Every character lived in the moment. You never knew what was gonna trigger the death. There's so much source material for The Vampire Diaries. There's two more books coming out. I share so much information with Julie/Kev.

Q: Are you involved in any charities?
I: I'm spreading myself quite thin actually. I support mainly environmental/animal charities. Giant Ones, Conservation International. Wildlife Federation. Animal Adoption/No Kill charities. [I didn't write this part down because I fail and I was listening ~intensely but he also mentioned how Australia is beautiful and that we should take care of it. And that the Gulf of Mexico is his home - he's from Louisiana and the oil spill really affects him. He tried to make us understand by making us imagine Melbourne was affected by something similar and all sources of our income and our family's income is gone just like that.]

Q: Are you worried about being typecast?
I: No because we're the luckiest kids in Hollywood. I'm gonna work damn hard not to be typecast.

Q: What did you want to be when you were younger?
I: Marine Biologist. I grew up near a freshwater bayou.

Q: Are you superstitious?
I: The world is worst off because of superstitions. All have quirky superstitions. We can't explain everything in the world - it calls for research and understanding. There's lots of energy in the world.

Q: What's your favourite Damon scene?
I: Dancing around with half-naked Kayla is never a bad thing. Stefan/Damon - back in the 1800s - flashbacks when Stefan and Damon were friends. Paul and I are like brothers - I want to shoot Paul because I spend so much time with him. Stefan and Damon transitioning to become vampires - they're emotional and powerful scenes.

Q: How did you enjoy your time in Hollywood?
I: It's a strange place. A lot of talented, intelligent people that live there. A lot of the greatest filmmakers spend most of their time in L.A. It's the basis and financing of storytelling. I wish Hollywood would get back to understanding CGI may not be the most entertaining/intriguing - basic storytelling is better. The weather's really good though.

[HIGHLIGHT TO READ POSSIBLE SPOILERS!]
Q: What storylines do you want in season 2?
I: Anywhere Damon doesn't get staked. S2 is usually the better season for TV shows - need to push for better everything. Explore new relationships. Katherine wreaks havoc. Don't know what other forces will be in this season. Forging relationships - we put ourselves out there. We vest security in people - their safety. Damon is tested in S2.

Q: Did you have an idea of what you would look like as a vampire on-screen?
I: They didn't really show me what vampires would look like. I went to make-up/hair/fangs/eye tests - created cool guys.

Q: Who's your all-time idol?
I: So many. Actors - Damon should be a cross between Mick Jagger and Carey Grant and look like Marlon Brando. Brando is amazing. They exuded so much pain. They're always smiling - they sensed that something was going on back there that's cool.

Q: If you had any role written for you what would you want to play and what genre of movie?
I: It comes down the filmmaker. Who conceptualises/makes them what they are. My brother's doing a film with Clint Eastwood.

Q: What book would you recommend us to read?
I: I'm the worst guy to ask. The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman - it's an enlightening book, you learn to appreciate the people around you. It's hard to be humans and not judge. Judging doesn't help anything. Probably why the world is in turmoil. It's easy to read. The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley is a heavy book.

Q: What was the process of getting the role of Damon?
I: It was HELL to get. I had an initial meeting with producers. Took 7-10 days. I was vested in it. Scared. It was an intense and liberating process. I was in Las Vegas with parents - called my agent and asked for the part - told me it was probably too late but said I had to be in L.A the next day and I had eight pages of sides to read. I was reading the material while driving through the desert at 100mph with my ex. I don't recommend it.

Q: What have you been doing in Australia?
I: Working. I was up in Port Douglas, scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef. In two days we have to shoot new promotional ad for The Vampire Diaries.

Q: What's your favourite role you've done?
I: Lost. The Rules of Attraction. Watch that if you're over 16. 18 maybe.

Q: Damon/Stefan - both on human blood. Price is Elena. Who is going to win?
I: Don't know.

Q: If you were still on Lost, how would you try to get off the island?
I: You wouldn't know until you were actually in that situation.

Q: Did Young Americans (the Dawson Creek spin-off) help you get The Vampire Diaries role?
I: Yes. It launched the careers of actors that are doing very well - Kate Bosworth etc. It got me Life As A House and then Rules of Attraction.

Q: Nina and Paul both mentioned you have an alien-believer in the Vampire Diaries cast. Can you tell us who it is?
I: May or may not play a teacher on The Vampire Diaries. Check his Twitter.

Q: What's your favourite joke from The Vampire Diaries?
I: Damon trying to convince Stefan he's good - Stefan starts laughing. Stefan had to go get squirrel blood and Damon offered a soccer mom.

Q: What's the greatest thing about acting?
I: It's basically made up of people that didn't want to grow up. Acting is an unbelievable avenue of exploring. I highly recommend acting classes. They teach people to listen. It's a cathartic way to hammer down on issues we create in our lives. It's a cool avenue of exhilaration. It's a way to get out of your comfort zone.

Q: Was there someone/something that inspired you to take up acting?
I: Watching old movies as a kid. So many reasons. I always knew I wanted to do it. Parents wanted me to explore it. It's fun to make believe.

Q: What's the craziest thing a fan has said/done?
I: Asking me to bite them. 13 year olds look like 25. Parts of the body requested is also interesting. Fans memorising license plates of vehicles and stalking us. It's all good.

Q: What superpower do you want?
I: Ability to fix the oil leak in Gulf of Mexico or mind compulsion.

carolmt
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 13:34

Ohhh Ian is single again??? or maybe already taken by Nina :B):

I had to read it a couple of times where he explain the process of getting the role of Damon and he mentiones he was driving his car with his EX oohhhh

.fragula.
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 14:34

but where he said he's single? i can't find that point xD

dove dice che è single? o_O

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 14:35

CITAZIONE
I was reading the material while driving through the desert at 100mph with my ex.

.fragula.
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 14:36

ah mi era sfuggito xD
comunque... oddio o__O stavano da tanto tempo insieme, non pensavo si lasciassero è_è anche se probabilmente c'era da aspettarselo..

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 14:39

no words -.-'

carolmt
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 16:41

it doesnt say he's single, or with someone, but that's what we can deduct if he's no longer with Meghan, it's seems like all happened so quick, just until March this year he was still talking about her in his twitter

.fragula.
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 19:02

yeah, you're right^^

jenniferhomes
view post Posted on 7/9/2010, 05:55

I had not read any of those books but still like to watch this show online. It is my favorite horror show and I am waiting for the season 2 preimere

8 replies since 6/7/2010, 21:26   1194 views