IanSomerhalder.it » Ian Somerhalder Italia • First Italian Forum }

2009 – Wake as Tyler

« Older   Newer »
spiceboy88
view post Posted on 19/6/2009, 12:16

wake-poster1

Quando le cose diventano dure per Carys Reitman e si sente emozionalmente isolata, partecipa a funerali di persone sconosciute. A uno di questi funerali incontra Tyler, un ragzzo affranto per laq morte della sua compagna. Nonostante gli avvertimenti della sua migliore amica Lila, Cary sente che per la prima volta è entrata davvero in contatto con un essere umano. Ma, prima di aprirsi definitivamente all'amore per Tyler, la ragazza decide di incontrare sua madre per confrontarsi con il suo passato.

Edited by spiceboy88 - 28/8/2009, 15:11

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 2/9/2009, 21:17

Desperate to experience true emotion a young woman, Carys, regularly attends the funerals of strangers. But she's unprepared for the secrets she must keep and the lies she must tell when, at one fateful wake, she falls for Tyler while he is mourning his fiancée. As Carys allows herself to experience love for the first time, she begins to fear that perhaps her fascination with death might lead to her own untimely demise.

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 3/9/2009, 09:05

Written by Suzanne on May 6, 2009

I went to the Newport Beach Film Festival on Friday, April 24th specifically to see the indie film WAKE. I read that Danny Masterson was in the film and being a fan of That 70’s Show I thought it might be fun to see him on the big screen.

While waiting outside before the doors opened I met WAKE director Ellie Kanner, producer Hal Schwartz, actors Danny Masterson, Bijou Phillips and Bijou’s mother Genevieve Waite.

For those of you that love fun music finds check this one out from Genevieve’s 1973 album, Romance Is on the Rise.

Before the screening I asked Danny Masterson a couple questions and took some video of Danny, Bijou Phillips, and director Ellie Kanner talking with the press.

he film WAKE is a dark comedy about Carys, played by Bijou Phillips, desperate to experience emotion she attends funerals of strangers. She meets Tyler, played by Ian Somerhalder, who is mourning his fiancée. Meeting him is the catalyst that sparks her emotions again but she discovers she might not be the only one hiding dark secrets.

Danny Masterson plays her best friend Shane, a mortician, a perfect fit for someone like Carys who values local funeral information. Jayne Seymour plays the role of her estranged mother who thinks Carys is better off eating cookies rather than digging up the past. Lila, played by Marguerite Moreau, adds to the comic relief being the roommate Carys finds annoying and at times helpful.

Sometimes dark comedy can be so abstract I can’t relate to it but this film was funny and well done. Even though Carys is an offbeat character with a strange interest in funerals, watching her journey is comical and poignant. This housewife gives WAKE the movie 4 out of 4 waffles.

“The idea for WAKE came to me when I was in school. I loved the notion that sometimes it’s only in extreme circumstances that we engage and really recognize what’s important to us. A woman who goes to funerals to experience life made a certain sense to me. I wrote a draft of the script then, but wasn’t happy with it and moved on to other projects. It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that I realized I still loved the idea at the heart of the movie and decided to give it another shot.” —writer and one of the producers of WAKE, Lennox Wisely.

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 23/1/2010, 16:44

Finalmente! Quando ho aperto questo sito una delle primissime news fu proprio sul "nuovo" film di Ian, "Wake".

E' passato quasi un anno e non ne avevamo ancora saputo nulla. Un aggiornemento però è giunto oggi!

Infatti "Wake" sarà disponibile in DVD dal prossimo 20 aprile 2010 e in versione download su iTunes.

Nei prossimi giorni arriverà il trailer ufficiale... non ci resta che aspettare!

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 13/2/2010, 00:37

Edited by spiceboy88 - 13/2/2010, 12:08

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 13/2/2010, 12:10

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Il nuovo film di Ian Somerhalder, "Wake", sarà in DVD dal prossimo 20 Aprile negli Stati Uniti, ma successivamente verrà pubblicato anche in altri paesi, quindi presto potremo averlo anche in Italia.

TRAILER

GALLERY

Posters

imagebam.com imagebam.com free image host

Promo Stills

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Trailer Screencaps

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Making Off

imagebam.com

RICORDATEVI DI REGISTRARVI ALLA GALLERY PER VEDERE LE FOTO!

5 replies since 19/6/2009, 12:16   167 views